Here is a great example of how a face-in-hole board can be used to promote a charity event. Meet one of our latest face in hole boards and see it in use at Sandown racecourse!
Retraining of Racehorses (RoR), British Horseracing’s official charity for the welfare of horses who have retired from racing, commissioned a board from us depicting a racehorse and a dressage horse to be placed at the entrance to Sandown racecourse so that visitors could have their photo taken ‘in the saddle’. The event on the 13th of July was ‘Rock with RoR’ and featured chart-topping singer Jess Glynne. Her performance was a massive success, reviewed here, and she kindly donated a significant chunk of her performance fee to RoR.
The board was placed at the entrance and had RoR’s branding on it so that shared photos would spread the charity’s message. This tactic has also worked well for other charities we have made boards for, including the Dogs Trust, Sense and World Animal Protection.
A photo board creates a buzz as people interact with it, have a laugh and take lots of photos. See our blog post about how we design and make face in hole boards for our customers by talking to them until they are completely happy with the design and with their logos and branding on the finished board.
RoR is a charity that:
- raises funds from within the Racing Industry for the retraining and rehoming of former racehorses
- provides a safety net for ‘vulnerable’ former racehorses
- promotes the adaptability and versatility of racehorses to other equestrian activities
- runs and funds a well established programme of competitions and educational events across the country
- provides information for owners and trainers in both the Racing and Equine Industries to assist with the rehoming and retraining of their former racehorses.
Photocutouts.co.uk were delighted to be part of the Rock with RoR event, and glad that yet another charity has chosen our photo boards to promote their cause.